Thursday, October 20, 2011

Exit Slip III

Class is more than sitting in a room for a couple of hours.  It iincludes woring on assignments and interactions even if only in the cloud.  At the same time there are experiences out of class in the real weorld that relate to class.  Everyone's content in a class is unique because each of our perceptions is related to past experiences.  I often think about how my classes relate to my present and past experiences.  My reflection reminded me of a John Wayne quote, "You can't help being who you are any more than I can help being me".   I was also reminded of a recent statement by my neighbor who said, It is really hard to be Wayne" (his name is Wayne; not a John Wayne thing).  Here is my thought.  I have never felt more out of place than I feel as a student at UWSP (Central Wisconsin Teacher's College?).

No comments: